For some, camping can involve spending one or two nights at a campsite, then hiking several miles to a new site for an adventure that can last several weeks on the trail. For others, finding the perfect spot to set up a permanent camp is the best choice. During a hiking camping trip, the weight of a camping cot is important because it can really weigh the hiker down and can negatively affect their progress. But for those of you who prefer to set up at one campsite for the duration of your trip, a more heavy-duty, comfortable cot is a better option.
The Chinook 29250 is tough, heavily padded cot. With just a glance you can easily tell that this is a cot that focuses more on comfort than portability. This model is a great choice for campers who set up a base camp to hike out of. Stylish, sturdy, and above all, versatile, Chinook has designed a thick, cushiony cot that will give the hiker a comfortable place to rest their head.
Overview and Features
This is the Cadillac of camping cots. Thick padding, a tough nylon surface and a built-in pillow are just a few reasons why this camping cot is one of Chinook’s best-selling models.
Measuring in at thirty-three inches wide and a little over six and a half feet in length, this heavy-duty camping cot weighs in at fifteen pounds. It also has a user weight capacity of three hundred and seventy-five pounds.
The cot features an adjustable backrest, so the bed can be fully reclined, or it can be adjusted to a semi-upright position and can be used as a chair, so you can enjoy a special comfy spot by the campfire.
The adjustable legs allow the cot to remain flat and level, even on uneven surfaces. The foot portion of the cot doesn’t have a leg underneath, so it’s not a safe spot to sit on. Two legs of the cot support the center of the bed, while another leg supports the upper back and head area. Under the cot, you’ll find a height adjustment knob, which allows you to adjust the legs based on the type of surface the cot is placed on. Unfortunately, the legs lack any type of locking device that will prevent the bed from collapsing during use.
The frame of the cot is made out of heavy-duty welded aluminum. This is where the cot gets most of its heft. While the weight of the cot makes it a poor choice for campers on the move, it also adds a lot of stability. Heavier campers who are also restless sleepers will not have to worry about this cot collapsing or flipping over during the night.
Setting up the cot and breaking it down is fast and easy. The cot folds down into a compact package, but unlike a standard hiking cot, this model can take up some serious trunk space.
- Built-in pillow
- Leg height adjustment system
- Heavily padded for proper back support
- Heavy-duty welded aluminum frame
- Tough nylon sleeping surface
- Due to the weight and bulky size of the bed when collapsed, we would not recommend this model for backpackers.
- Some campers may find the mattress to be too firm
- The included assembly instructions are vague
- The foot of the cot doesn’t have a leg, which makes it an unsafe spot to sit on.
- For some, adjusting the leg height was difficult
- The cot may be too hot to use in warmer weather
- The size of this cot can also make it unsuitable for smaller one-person tents.
- MULTI ADJUSTABLE: The adjustable ratchet backrest goes from flat to multiple angles of support; you can find your sweet spot for the night with ease
- ULTRA COMFORTABLE: High quality polyester fabric with thick foam padded mattress, the roomy classical-style cot gets you off the ground and into comfort
- HEAVY DUTY: Steel frame construction with powder coating for durability and enduring hard outdoor weather. Supports up to 300lbs
- QUICK SETUP: No assembly required, Simply set up and pack to a compact size. Folds flat for easy transportation and storage
- COT DIMENSION: Set up size is 79.2" L x 29.9" W x 12.2" H. Classic design outdoor cot will add comfort and relaxation to your next outdoor adventure
Last update on 2020-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API